Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam said and I quote, “Education is an endless journey though knowledge and enlightenment.” Unquote.
The year gone by hand Rameshwaram International Academy writing new success stories and adding many feathers in its cap.
RIA imparts intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills in its feathers which are required to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
The rigorous training in the teething years holds them in good stead and helps them expand their capacity in the quest of new milestones.
At the outset, we pay homage to goddess, Saraswati Maa whose soul continues to guide and inspire us. Our school motto, “is our guiding philosophy which propels us towards a meaningful future. The schools is now making tremendous progress.
RIA being a ‘Public School in the real sense of the word focus on the holistic development of every student but at the same time we ensure that the academic training takes the centre stage in our system and our results do showcase this fact.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS OF STUDENTS
The school has yet again produced an outstanding Board result. In Class XII Neha Verma with 92.2% emerged as the school Topper in Commerce streams, while Priyanshi Shukla topped with 90% in Science Stream. We proudly announces that 100% students cleared the exams cognates! In Class X too, our students proved their mettle yet again, with 40% students getting 10 CGPA, CBSE awarded 0.1 Merit certificate to 15 students of Class X cognates! Adding more to the achievements list, three of our students made us proud by clearing the IIT Mains Exams, and four students cracked to Jaipur Aeronautics and two students made in Bhopal Aircraft. Our Old Boys are doing extremely well in their careers and making their Alma Mater, I mean RIA, proud.
In order to update and train, workshops, pre serviced and in service trainings are regularly organized for the faculty as well. Subject specific workshops organized by Capacity Building Programmer by CBSE, workshops on out of the Box Thinking Gender Sensitivity, Goal setting etc. were attended by teachers and the students.
With clear vision and determination to act, we strive to excel in all our endeavours and scale greater heights.
FUNCTIONS AND CELEBRATIONS
It is said that the life is a celebration of awakening of new beginnings and wonderful surprises that enlighten human soul. Celebrating important days has become an integral part of joyful learning community building and thought provoking processes. They are celebrated not only to break away from the mundane everyday routine life but also an occasion to imbibe knowledge and values specific to that day. Environment Week celebrations saw the children planting saplings in the school.
The following events were celebrated in the school with befitting zeal: The school celebrated Janamashtami, Id-Ul-Fitr, Ram Navmi, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Independence Day, Republic Day, Teachers Day, The Earth Day, World Book Day, Holi, Diwali and all other important National and International Days.
Youth Festival :
On the occasion of Children’s Day, the school organized Bal Mela on 11 November, 2017. Students from four different houses and white house participated with their creative talents to compete with present scenario of Business Management under the guidance of teachers.
PARENT TEACHER MEETS
We firmly believe that positive communication between parents and teaches goes a long way in improving the efficiency of education. We ensure active participation of parents in the teaching learning process as a partner. The Parent Teacher Meeting is organized from time to time to discuss the progress of their wards and suggestions for overall development of school.
The school is grateful to our management who has ben ensuring the rapid acceleration in the growth of our school by providing us support to create an enviable campus infrastructure and by employing competent manpower. Another area in which we have no only made our presence felt but has made ripples, is the sports and games. Our boys have done extremely well in football, swimming and yoga and made us proud by enriching the kitty of school honors.
Here are the highlights:-
1. Asia Pacific Young Scientist contest was conducted at Asia level at Kathmandu in Nepl, Azad Singh of our school represented India among 20 countries and brought a laurel to our Country bagging 2nd position in Asia cognates!
2. 12th International Innovation Day conducted by CMS in different categories like Collage, Photography, Essay etc. Two students Diksha & Sahika Bano bagged 2nd & 3rd position in college making respectively.
3. Inter School Chess Competition under the category of A & B conducted by Abhinash Memorial, Lucknow. Over all 70 terms participated from different of U.P. our school bagged 7th position in both the categories.
4. Khwaja Maraf Voleyball Tournament was conducted by Eram Public School, Lucknow. Out of 16 teams our school made into Semi-Final cognates!
5. An Essay contest was conducted on the occasion of Sri Krishna Janamashtami by ISCON Temple under Hare Krishna Movement. Our two students Ishant Singh and Sahiba Bano got 2nd position and 3rd position in drawing and painting respectively cognates!
6. Our school participated in Inter School Competition “UDBHAV. The Rising Sprit, conducted by Maharishi Vidya Mandir in different categories of competition, where the students of 15 schools from Lucknow participated to unleash their latent talents. Students of our school bagged 04 gold Medals, 05 Silver Medals and 04 Bronze Medals is the various competition like singing, dance, essay, writing, debate, PPT presentation.
7. Vivekananda Society conducted an Essay Writing Competition at India level. 04 students brought Laurel to this school by bagging prizes.
8. This year also our students participated in Republic Day Parade and again it was a pride moment to receive the Trophy under Cultural Activities category from the Hon’ble Governor of the State of U.P., Shri Ram Naik Ji.
Special assembly / Celebration
Special assemblies are organised to celebrate the diversity and multi cultural ethos of India. As RIA understands, the responsibility is essentially to create awareness of India’s common cultural heritage, social justice and compassion, democracy, gender equality, concern for environment, scientific outlook and sprit of enquiry, all festivals-religious or national, are celebrated with true secular spirit.
RIA., takes pride in equipping its students in educational as well as social skills by sensitizing them and enabling them to become responsible stewards of society. Students participated in an awareness campaign to spread the message of cracker less Diwali-“Harit Diwali-Swasth Diwali.” In an endeavour to make the Earth an eco-friendly place, the students and teachers held a workshop on ‘Waste to Wow.’ In order to promote a healthy lifestyle, regular Fitness Drives and Yoga Mornings are organised. A Road Safety Week was organized to create awareness regarding road safety and following traffic rules.
Trips / Picnics
Trips and excursions help students learn through visual experience and are an interesting way to explore new things. They not only take us out of the monotonous schedule but are a great way of reinforcing classroom knowledge. They are the best way to give hands on experience and practical exposure to new places, people, culture and heritage. In additional to that, unfamiliar environment provides them with an experience of travelling with peers and sharing responsibilities thus creating memories of a lifetime.
• In order to build every child’s confidence and self-esteem and offer a strong development programme where integrated studies and hands on experiences inspire a love for learning the schools organizes several workshops, Career Counselling and Life Skill Session. Different sessions were conducted by eminent educationists, professionals, counsellors to abreast them of the latest education and career options.
• Workshops conducted by delegates, doctors to educate students as an awareness program related to health issues.
We should realize the fact that all the students do not have the same talents and so each one will achieve success differently. Some have already borne fruits, some may do so in future, but we as RIANS start with an aim to do our bit for the society and will continue the same. We’ll strive to improve our performance with complacency year after year for qualitative growth of the individual and ultimately of the Nation with zeal and enthusiasm. I am grateful to RIA and other departments of RGI for all valuable help and guidance. Without their cooperation assistance we could not have worked so smoothly. My special thanks to members of their Press and the Media. I must thank the administrative staff for working hard and making sure that RIA looks better than ever before. I would like to thank most gratefully our Chairman Sir and members of the School Managing Committee for their consistent support.
Last but not the least, I express my gratitude to the unfailing devotion and diligence of the teachers and administrative staff who have made this a rewarding year for the whole community. I would specially like to compliment RIA boys who in recent times have shown good discipline and set high standards. Well Done Boys ! I am sure that with the cooperation of all team members and the blessings of almighty, the school will continue to grow in each & every aspect in the years to come.
In the end, I must submit this report into the hands of Maa Saraswati the Goddess of knowledge, Wisdom and Arts.
“Arise, awake, and stop not till the goal is reached.”